The Honorary Consulate General of Ghana in Singapore
(Passport & Visa)
After the closure of the Ghana’s Honorary Consulate General in Singapore in February 2017 all individuals and organizations in Singapore seeking information on Ghana, visa, passport and other consular services must contact the Ghana Embassy in Tokyo until further notice.
CONTACT INFORMATION OF EMBASSY OF GHANA IN TOKYO
(a) Address: 1-5-21 Nishi-Azabu, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 106-0031.
(b) Telephone Contacts: Tel: +81-03-5410-8631 Fax: +81-03-5410-8635
(c) Consular Officer’s telephone/Fax: +81-03-5410-8637
(d) Working Hours:
Mondays to Fridays 10:00 am - 12:30 pm 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Visitor entering Ghana must possess a valid passport and valid visa/permit, except nationals of ECOWAS member states and other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements. For Exempted Countries click here.
- Visa may be granted for Single or Multiple entries. Multiple entry visa/permit holder has unlimited entry into Ghana within the period indicated in the visa. The duration of stay in Ghana of the visa/permit holder will be determined by the endorsement of the Ghana Immigration Authorities at the port of entry.
- Emergency entry Visa/Visa on arrival: The Immigration Service has introduced this visa policy to cater for visitors who travel at short notice from countries where Ghana has no Mission or consulate. An application from the host stating where the traveler is coming from (if the host is a company or organization it must be on letter head) where the traveler will stay in Ghana, how he/she is entering Ghana, how long will he/she stay in Ghana and the copy of the bio-data page of his/her passport. The visa cost USD$150. Application for extension of stay in Ghana must be made to the Director of the Ghana Immigration Service. For further information, check the Ghana Immigration website: http://www.ghanaimmigration.org.
International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever
All visitors to Ghana must provide valid International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever. The certificate will be inspected during the processing of the visa application. An applicant who for medical reasons cannot obtain the vaccination certificate must submit a medical certificate from a doctor.
Fees and Methods of Payment
- Single-entry visa: ¥9,440
- Multiple-entry visa: ¥11,000
The evident of payment of visa fee must accompany your application and fees paid are not refunded if the application is unsuccessful.
Payment can be made by cash or Bank transfer.
Details of the Embassy’s Bank Account:
||MITSUBISHI UFJ BANK, TOKYO
||ROPPONGI BRANCH, TOKYO
How to Apply
Before commencing on your visa application read the instructions on the visa application form carefully. Submitting incomplete visa application form or providing inaccurate information on the application form might lead to delay or refusal of granting the visa.
Applicants residing in Singapore must apply for the visa by post. For avoidance of delays that will affect your travel plans, applicants are strongly advised to submit their visa applications ten (10) days prior to their departure for Ghana.
Click here for Visa Application Forms (in PDF)
- A soft copy of the completed visa application form and other relevant documents should be forwarded as an attachment to the Consular Section’s email firstname.lastname@example.org for necessary action to be taken prior to receiving the actual and original copies (1 set).
- Application by post must be enclosed with a Self-addressed Pre-paid Envelope or arrangements made by the applicant with a courier service for the return of the passport.
IMPORTANT IMMIGRATION NOTICE
Visitors to Ghana must note that, possession of entry visa does not give the right of entry. Visitors may be refused entry into Ghana if they do not satisfy immigration requirements at the port of entry. The Government of Ghana will not be financially liable for their repatriation.
Passports, Travel Certificate and other Consular Services
A request for passport together with receipt for payment must to forward to the Embassy in Tokyo. Upon receipt, passport application form will be forwarded to the applicant for completion and return.
- RENEWAL OF EXPIRED BIOMETRIC PASSPORT (Cost ¥28,000): Submit a completed application form, two (2) passport-sized photographs (Taken full face, and recently) and old passport for examination and cancellation. The old passport will be returned together with the new passport.
- RENEWAL OF EXPIRED NON-BIOMETRIC PASSPORT (Cost ¥27,400): Submit a completed application form, four (4) passport-sized photographs (Taken full face, and recently) and old passport for examination and cancellation. The old passport will be returned together with the new passport.
- REPLACE LOST/DAMAGE NON-BIOMETRIC PASSPORT (Cost ¥46,800): Submit a completed application form, four (4) passport-sized photographs (Taken full face, and recently) photocopy of lost/damaged passport if available, original birth certificate, original Police Report.
- REPLACE LOST/DAMAGE BIOMETRIC PASSPORT (Cost ¥28,000): Submit a completed application form, two (2) passport-sized photographs (Taken full face, and recently) photocopy of lost/damaged passport if available, original birth certificate and original Police Report.
- FOR A CHILD BORN IN SINGAPORE, non-biometric passport (Cost ¥27,400): Submit a completed application form, four (4) passport-sized photographs of the child (Taken full face, and recently) original birth certificate and a copy of the data page of the Ghanaian parent’s passport.
Completed passport applications are forwarded to the Passport Office Accra, Ghana for processing and issuance.
In view of the procedure, processing time for a new passport takes at least three months. Applicants are strongly advised to submit their applications well ahead of the date of expiry of their current passports in order to avoid any inconvenience.
- CERTIFICATE OF IDENTITY (Cost ¥8,000): Also called “Travel Certificate” is an emergency travel document issued only to Ghanaians who are not in possession of Ghana Passports for travel to Ghana. Travel Certificate is usually valid for three (3) months from the date of issue and for a single journey only. The application form (click here, in PDF) must be completed and submitted with evidence of Ghanaian citizenship such as photocopy of passport, birth certificate, voter’s ID card or affidavit and two (2) passport size photographs. In some cases the applicant will be interviewed by the Consular Officer.
CERTIFICATION/AUTHENTICATION OF DOCUMENTS
A request for certification/authentication must be forwarded to this Embassy together with receipt of payment. The cost for this service is ¥6,000 per document.
Method of Payment
Cash is not accepted under any circumstance. All Consular fees are to be paid into the Embassy’s Account. CONSULAR FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. Ensure that you pay the exact amount. Short payment may delay the processing of your application
Below are the Embassy’s Bank Account details:
||MITSUBISHI UFJ BANK, TOKYO
|Type of accounts:
||ROPPONGI BRANCH, TOKYO
Applicants seeking services that are not listed on this page should contact the Embassy for more information.